Alwar Branch, National
Centre for Disease Control
(formerly Field Practice Unit, NICD)
||Alwar Branch, National Centre for Disease Control, Near
Telefax no. +91 144 2700716
|Name, Designation and Contact Details of the
Officer-in-charge of the Branch
Dr R S Gupta, MBBS, MD (PSM), Additional Director
Telefax +91 144 2700716 (O)
Tel No. +91 144 2731882 ®
Mobile +91 9414366044
|Other officers in the Branch
||Dr. Hari Om Gupta, MBBS, Medical Officer
|Broad activities of the Branch
- To impart field training to different categories of medical and paramedical
health personnel admitted to various training courses being conducted
at National Centre for Disease Control, Delhi.
- To undertake research, and provide service in the field of communicable
- To undertake investigation of outbreaks and formulations of measures
Routine activities undertaken
- Laboratory service support to the Alwar District and adjoining district
of Rajasthan State
This Unit is maintaining a laboratory routinely engaged in conducting
microbiological tests particularly those pertaining to disease with epidemic
potential. Test result of the investigation are conveyed to individual
for further consultation and treatment. Water quality monitoring test
report is being communicated to concerned departments for further corrective
measures taken in time.
|Some of the important laboratory tests are also being conducted on the
recommendation of consultant of various districts hospitals and samples
received from outbreak investigation.
This Unit is the cholera reference
laboratory for cholera culture and serology for Rajasthan state. This
unit is also providing the transport media bottles to Alwar and adjoining
district of Rajasthan state for field collection of samples.
- Intensive pulse polio immunization programme - participation by staff
of unit is being regularly sought by district health authority.
- For strengthening the IDSP in Alwar district the monthly meeting is
being attended by this officer and staff of the unit.
- Communicable and non communicable disease expert opinion regarding
public health activity/ measures being undertaken by individuals, family,
community and mass is given.
- Field training programme is being undertaken on the regular basis
with pre-field visit preparation is being carried out in 3-7 days in
advance for smooth conduction of field activity.
- Supporting the various district health authorities of Rajasthan and
other state to carry out different training programme, outbreak investigation
and maintenance of public health system during natural disaster like
flood, earthquake, tsunami, cyclone and draught.