Scientific publications (2008 – 2009)
- Ali MK S, Regu K, Rajendran R, Mohanan M K and Ganesh B Awareness of Health Personnel about Lymphatic Filariasis and Mass Drug Administration in Kerala State. J Commun Dis 2008; 40: 37-40.
- Asiedu K, Amouzou B, Dhariwal AC, Karam M, Lobo D, Patnaik SA and Meheus A. Yaws eradication: Past efforts and future perspectives Bull WHO 2008; 86: 499.
- Balakrishnan N, Jain DC and Shiv Lal. Dengue vector surveillance studies in the rural areas of Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu state. In: Vector-Borne Diseases Epidemiology and Control Editor: B.K.Tyagi Scientific Publishers (India) P.O.Box: 91 Jodhpur on behalf of Centre for Research in Medical Entomology (ICMR) Madurai (T.N.) India, 2008, p298.
- Biswas S, Mittal V, Lal S and Shiv Lal. Present susceptibility status of Rat flea X. Cheopis (Siphon aptera: Puli ci due) vector of plague against organo chlorine, organo phosphate and synthetic pyretheroids. The Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu, India. J Commun Dis 2008; 40: 41-45
- Biswas S, Lal S, Sharma PS, Ramakrishnan R, Hantia Y, Banu AK, Manickam P, Kakkar M, Mittal V and Gupte MD. Scrub Typhus in Darjeeling, India: Opportunities for simple practical prevention measures for a disease of the poor. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 2009; 103: 1153-1158
- Capoor MR, Nair D, Walia NS, Rautela RS, Grover SS, Deb M, Aggarwal P, Pillai PK, Bifani PJ. Molecular analysis of high-level ciprofloxacin resistance in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi and S. Paratyphi A: need to expand the QRDR region? Epidemiol Infect, 2009: 137: 871-8.
- Chaudhary A, Kukreti H, Pasha S T, Gupta S, Kumari M, Khare S, Shiv Lal, Rai A. Impact of HIV on genomic variability in the 5'UTR of HCV in Indian patients with HCV/HIV co-infection. Intervirology, 2008: 51: 224 – 229.
- Das BP, Katyal R, Sharma A, Raina VK, Saxena VK and Shiv Lal. Natural vertical transmission of dengue virus in peak summer collections of Aedes aegypti ( Diptera : culicidae) from urban areas of Jaipur (Rajasthan) and Delhi J Commun Dis 2008; 40: 155 – 157.
- Gupta S, Singh S, Khare S and Shiv Lal. Meningococcal vaccination : Monograph in “Adult immunization”. Assoc Phy Ind 2009;4:136-145
- Ichhupujani RL, Chhabra M, Mittal V, Singh J, Bhardwaj M, Bhattacharya D, Pattanaik SK, Balakrishnan N, Reddy AK, Sampath G, Gandhi N, Nagar SS, Shiv Lal. Epidemiology of Animal Bites & Rabies cases in India A Multicentric study. J Commun Dis 2008; 40: 27-36.
- Jain SK, Mittal V and Venkatesh S. Indian Tick Typhus Mimicking as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: A Case report. J Commun Dis 2008; 40: 83-85.
- Kamal S & Mahanta HC: A review on the distribution & public Health Importance of Anopheles minimus (Diptera Culicidae) in India. Published in “Current Trends in Parasitology”, 2008.
- Karmakar S, Rathore A S, Kadri S M, Dutt S, Khare S and Shiv Lal. Post earthquake outbreak of rotavirus gastroenteritis in Kashmir (India): an epidemiological analysis; Pub Hlth 2008; 122: 981-989
- Katyal R, Saxena, V.K., Kumar K and Shiv Lal. Prevalence of Aedes aegypti in Dengue/DHF affected areas in Bangalore city, Karnataka state India. Proceeding book of the 8th International symposium on vector & vector borne diseases held at CRME, Madurai entitled “Vector- Borne Diseases: Epidemiology & Control” 2008; 17 : 135-139
- Kumar S, Singh U S and Katyal R. Premilary observation on Aedes aegypti survey during lean transmission season in Sub Himalayan Town of India J Commun Dis 2008: 40: 167 – 168
- Kumar K and Mittal V. Two cases of Kala-azar in Haryana with no evidence of local transmission. Society news. J Commun Dis 2008; 40: 87-88.
- Kumari G, Singh. R and Saxena VK. General morbidity profile of rural and peri-urban population in selected localities of Patna district, Bihar India : House hold survey. Int J Infect Dis 2008; 12: (Suppl 1): 433-434.
- Kukreti H, Chaudhary A, Rautela R S, Anand R, Mittal V, Chhabra M, Bhattacharya D, Shiv Lal, Rai A. Emergence of an independent lineage of dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) and its co-circulation with pre-dominant DENV-3 during 2006 dengue fever outbreak in Delhi. Int J Inf Dis 2008;12:542-549.
- Kukreti H, Dash PK, Parida M, Chaudhary A, Saxena P, Rautela RS, Mittal V, Chhabra M, Bhattacharya D, Shiv Lal, Rao PVL, Rai A. Phylogenetic studies reveal existence of multiple lineages of a single genotype of DENV-1 (genotype III) in India during 1956-2007. Virology Journal (BioMed Central UK) 2009: 6:1.
- Mukhopadhyay AK, Patnaik SK, Satyababu P, Rao KNMB. Knowledge on lymphatic filariasis and MDA Programme in filaria endemic districts of Andhra Pradesh. J Vect Borne Dis 2008: 45:73-75.
- Negi S, Singh U, Gupta S, Rai A, Khare S and Shiv lal . Characterisation of rpoB gene for detection of rifampicin drug resistance by SSCP and sequence analysis. Ind J Med Microbiol 2009: 27 : 226-230
- Patel MK. Solanki PR, Seth S, Gupta S, Khare S, Kumar A. CtrA gene based electrochemical DNA sensor for detection of meningitis. Electrochem Communications 2009: 11: 969-973
- Regu K, Rajendran R, Selvan TM and Ganesh CT. Shed leaf sheaths of Arecanut palms as a major breeding source of Aedes albopictus (Skuse) (Diptera: Culicidae) in Kerala. Hexapoda, 2008; 14: 111-113.
- Singh R, Shiv Lal and Saxena VK. Breeding ecology of visceral leishmaniasis vector sand fly in Bihar state of India. Acta Tropica 2008: 107: 117-120.
- Singh S, Kumar V, Thakur S, Banerjee B D, Rawat D S, Grover S S, Pasha S T, Jain S K, Lal, S, Rai A. Genetic Polymorphism of Glutathione S-Transferase M1 and T1 In Delhi Population of Northern India. Environmental Toxicol Pharmacol (Elsevier): 2009: 28: 25-29.
- Singh S, Bora D, Dhariwal AC, Dhamija P and Shiv Lal. Epidemiological, clinical and entomological observations on Lymphatic Filariasis in urban Puri, Orissa. J Commun Dis 2008; 40 : 161-165.
- Singh S, Dhariwal AC, Bora D, and Shiv Lal. Status of Lymphatic Filariasis situation in Rural and Urban areas of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. J Commun Dis 2009; 41: 30-44.
- Thakur S, Singh S, Pasha ST, Rawat DS, Shiv Lal and Mittal V. Use of multilocus microsatelite typing (MLMT) for the genetic analysis of Indian isolates of Leishmania donovani. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 2009; 103: 461-6
CD Alerts published (2008 – 09)
- C D Alert entitled “Diphtheria – a re-emerging threat”, Vol 12.No1, Jan- March 2008 (Gupta S, Dhariwal AC and Bahl A)
- CD Alert entitled “Cholera : A continuing challenge to Public Health ”, Vol 12, No. 2 , April – June 2008 (Chawla U, Dhariwal AC, Karmakar S, Chaudhary M and Bahl A)
- CD Alert entitled “Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease”, Vol.12:No.3; July, 2008 (Gupta N, Dhariwal AC, Aggarwal R and Bahl A)
- CD Alert entitled “Yaws Eradication”, August, 2008; Vol.12: No.4 (Singh J, Bora D, Singh S, Kaur R, Wattal S and Bahl A)
Papers presented in national/international scientific meetings/conferences
- A paper entitled “Inclusive Partnership Strategy for Improved drug delivery for Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination in Urban areas of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India”, presented in 20th National Congress of Parasitology held at NEHU, Shillong from November 3-5, 2008 (Kamal S, Dhariwal AC, Shukla KP & Shiv Lal)
- A paper entitled “A regional trend of Japanese Encephalitis epidemiology in India” in a Global Meet on Veterinary Public Health from 19th to 21st November 2008 at Lucknow, India. (Roop Kumari, Shiv Lal and V.K. Saxena)
- A paper entitled “Malaria threat following tsunami disaster in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India and its control” in a conference on “International meeting on surveillance of emerging diseases” (IMED) held by International Society for Infectious Diseases, Vienna, Austria from 13-16 February 2009 (Roop Kumari , PL Joshi and Shiv Lal )
- A paper entitled “High Income group contributing more for breeding of Aedes aegypti the vector of dengue and chikungunya in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (India)” in the international Conference on entomology held at Patiala on 20th to 22nd Feb, 2009 (Sarita Kumar, Rakesh Katyal, Kaushal Kumar, Sunita Patel, Shaukat Kamal and Bora D)
- A paper entitled “Potential risk of Dengue/DHF transmission in a selected locality of NCT town Gurgaon in Haryana (India)” Abstract No. O-42 page 74 in the Abstract book of International Conference on Entomology held at Patiala w.e.f. 20th to 22nd Feb, 2009 I(Rakesh Katyal and Sarita Kumar)