The Planning, Budgeting and Administration Division is the back-bone of the administrative functions of NCDC. This Unit has got the following main sections:
- Planning Research and Coordination Section
- Establishment Section
- Accounts and Budget Section
- General Services Section
The Planning, Budget and Co-ordination Section is responsible for preparing various monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports of the institute on various aspects as required by the Dte.GHS and MOH&FW. This Unit is also responsible for preparation of various annual plans as well as quarterly progress reports. The academic cell within this Unit undertakes all liaison of works regarding the training programmes eg MPH (FE) as well as PhD programmes run in the institute. The Parliamentary Cell in this Unit is responsible for co-ordinating the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha Questions.
The Establishment Section undertakes the following responsibilities:
Activities in respect of Group 'B' (Non-Gazetted), 'C' & 'D' categories
- Appointments, Promotions, ACP cases
- Administrative actions related to Retirement/ Death cases
- Maintenance of Service Books, ACRs
- Court Cases, VIP References, RTI Cases
- Pay fixations as per CPC recommendations
The Accounts and Budget Section undertakes the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of Pay Bills in respect of Group “A” and “B” officers as well as Group “C” and “D in respect of NCDC (Hqr) for Plan & Non Plan.
- Preparation of GPF Withdrawal and Advance Bills for NICD (Hqr) and its 5 branches.
- Maintenance of GPF Accounts in respect of Group “D” officials.
- Preparation of Bonus bills, Overtime allowance ,Festival Advance, Medical Bills, arrears bills of DA, promotion, ACP and MACP in respect of officers and staff of NCDC (Hqr).
- Forwarding the request of the officers and officials to Dte.GHS/MOH & FW for grant of various advances.
- Preparation of HBA, Car, Scooter, Computer, Cycle and Fan Advance as well as reimbursement of tuition fees in respect of officers and officials of NICD (Hqr).
- Preparation of Bills for DCRG, Commutation, Leave Encashment, CGEGIS in respect of Retiring officers of NCDC (Hqr) and its branches.
- Preparation of Income Tax Calculation.
- Preparation of Floppy, letters and various reports for making payment through ECS to officers and officials of NCDC (Hqr).
The Budget Section is responsible for:
- Preparation of Budget Estimates, Revised Estimates and Final Estimates of NCDC Hqr. and Branches under (Plan, Non-Plan and all other schemes).
- Preparation of all Contingent Bills/Advances.
- Preparation and Reconciliation of Expenditure.
- Preparation of TA, LTC, HLTC bills of Officers, Staff of NCDC Hqr. & Branches.
- Preparation of Pension, Family Pension, Gratuity and Commutation of Retiring Officers, Staff of NCDC Hqr. & Branches.
- Release of Grants-in-aid to State Govt. under Schemes.
- Maintaining of Accounts in respect of WHO and issue cheques etc.
- Maintaining of Accounts under NACO Schemes.
The General Services Section is responsible for :
- Cleanliness in the Administration, Laboratories, Hostel and office premises.
- Engagement of security staff and chowkidars on proper duties on rotation basis.
- Dealing with water, electricity and telephone bills and related matters.
- Liasioning with CPWD (Civil), Electrical and Horticulture Departments.
- Preparation of Medicine Bills
- Dealing with receipt and dispatch of Daks.