National Viral Hepatitis Surveillance Programme
· To establish laboratory network for laboratory based surveillance of viral hepatitis in different geographical locations of India.
· To ascertain the prevalence of different types of viral hepatitis in different zones of the country.
· To provide laboratory support for outbreak investigation of hepatitis through established network of laboratories.
· To develop technical material for generating awareness among healthcare providers and in the community about waterborne and blood borne hepatitis.
· Establishment of laboratory based surveillance for viral hepatitis in the country for collection of data. Development of testing and surveillance guidelines and its dissemination.
· A network of laboratories with quality testing for hepatitis markers will be established covering the entire country
· Training of manpower/health care providers in 10 regional labs including NCDC i.e. the reference lab.
· Development of IEC for providers and community.
· Establishment of baseline data for hepatitis to see the impact
Viral Hepatitis - The Silent Disease Facts and Treatment Guidelines